What You’ll Do :
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Take a walk through the oldest medina Meknes
- Visit the most important Monuments : Benefit of the historical view.
- Entrance Fees to historical sites : To show you the cover.
- A typical lunch at a very chic traditional restaurant : In the most oldest café there is a high service.
What to Expect :
Your professional driver will pick you up in an air-conditioned vehicle and take you to Meknes, Morocco’s first Islamic city and second imperial city. Its medina is very old as was a capital of the Kingdom and had a Powerful leader. With your professional driver you will discover the most important monuments in Meknes city such as: Palais Dar El Makhzen, Bab Mansour, Bab El Berdaine, Bab El Khémis, the Sidi Saïd mosque, Jardin Lahboul and Golf royal. Have a taste of the locals’ food to understand more about their way of life.
Back in the car, and your next stop will be Volubilis, the best preserved Roman ruins in the North Africa to Learn about the historical Roman city that was here once by looking at the ruins of the Arch of Caracalla, the Basilica and the Capitoline Temple.
Your last stop of the day after volibilies will be Moulay Idriss which was once a rival for the ruler of the Muslim Empire in the 8th century and fled to Morocco after being defeated,The Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss is not open to non Muslims, but it still gives you a great impression just by looking at this hallway! The tour finishes as your guide drops you off at your Riad /hotel or train station /airport .